PANAMA RETIREES AND PENSIONER VISA
Looking for our
They will come back soon. Leave us your contact information,and we will let you know as soon as the next one is scheduled.
About the Panama Retirees and Pensioner Visa
The Panama Retirees and Pensioners Visa was created back in the eighties, to promote the residential tourism in the country, which got its peak in the last decade, keeping up to the present.
Under this residence program, the applicant is only required to present evidence of a monthly income and for life, of at least US$1,000.00 per month, or its equivalent if in another currency. With the acquisition of property in Panama for a minimum value of $100,000, a monthly retirement or pension income of $750 is permissible.
The referred income must be in the form of a pension or retirement, from a government agency or from an authorized and regulated retirement agency or private company, for which additional documentation shall be required.
The general requirements to apply for the Retirees and Pensioners’ Visa are:
- Valid passport for at least 6 months from application date.
- 5 passport size photos (2inch x 2inch).
- National criminal background certificate (FBI report), recently issued, apostilled/ authenticated by a Panamanian Consulate in the issuing country– valid for 6 months.
- Pension letter stating you receive at least USD 1000 per month for life – recently issued, apostilled/ authenticated by a Panamanian Consulate in the issuing country– valid for 6 months.
- Good health certificate issued in Panama.
- Sworn declaration form, fully answered and signed.
- Proof of domicile in Panama, through the utility bill and rental agreement, or letter from a hotel.
If the applicant is applying with his or her spouse, an additional US $250.00 in the monthly income are required. The spouse must also present all requirements above, but the income letter. Joint income is also allowed, in which case both spouses must present their income letters.
Additionally, the marriage certificate – recently issued, apostilled/ authenticated by a Panamanian Consulate in the issuing country– valid for 6 months must also be added to the application.
All documents originated abroad must be either apostilled (at the Secretary of State Office), or authenticated at the Panamanian Consulate in your country.
Holders of the Pensioner Visa can obtain a work permit in two ways; one is waiting to have 10 years of residency to request a non-expiring work permit. The second way, thanks to the Executive Decree 21 of May 2019, is requesting a renewable work permit valid for 3 years.
If you have further questions, please check our Frequently Asked Questions.
Do you intend to apply for residence in Panama? Contact Us today!
Order your Retirees and Pensioner Visa in Panama Today
Our team is ready to start your Visa process today!
Dependents to include in your order
Visit our Fees Schedule to learn more about this cost. You can also order your Retirees and Pensioner Visa from there.