PANAMA REFORESTATION VISA
About the Panama Reforestation Visa
Panama has a program designed for foreigners who want to invest in reforestation projects. This program offers permanent residence to investors of at least $80,000 USD in land certified by MiAmbiente (Environment Ministry) of 5 hectares (about 12 Acres) or more.
Following Executive Order # 320 from August 8 2008, if the investor plans to include his dependents (e.g. family) in the residence application, he must increase the investment by $2,000 for each dependent.
You can also use a Corporation or a Company as an investment vehicle. In those cases, the residence application can include up to two (2) applicants as long as it can be proved that each applicant invested USD $80,000.
- Criminal Background Check
- Applicant’s certificate of clearance from fees and taxes owed to the government (Paz y Salvo)
- Proof of direct investment in reforestation activities for at least USD $80,000
- If using a Corporation or a Company as an investment vehicle:
- A sworn declaration from the Treasurer or Secretary, stating the activity of the entity, share percentage of the applicant, and the capital invested for these shares.
- CPA certificate detailing the total investment directly related to reforestation projects and the percentage of such investment attributed to the capital invested by the applicant.
- Authenticated copy of the applicant’s shares certificate.
- Copy of the latest income tax return, detailing the capital invested in reforestation projects. If such does not exist because the entity has not completed its first fiscal year, then copy of RUC inscription and copy of annual tax (Tasa Unica) payment.
- Entity’s original public registry inscription certificate.
- Copy of investment certificate issued by MiAmbiente.
Contact Us to learn more or to start with your Reforestation Visa process.