Taxes in Panama
The Kraemer & Kraemer team has the experience to help you better understand taxes in Panama. We have the knowledge to provide you with the proper legal advice and recommendations.
In this section you will find an explanation of the different types of taxes in Panama such as personal, property, and corporate taxes. Our team is ready to guide you through the process taking into account your circumstances.
Panama taxes highlights
- Individuals earning less than US$11,000 per year don’t pay income taxes.
- It is possible to obtain a Tax Residence Certificate in Panama, as explained in our section about personal taxes.
- Only income generated within Panama is taxed. This is true for individuals and corporations.
- Any property, whether commercial, industrial or residential, is subject to a property tax. However, there are programs to waive residential property taxes.
- The government continues to enact laws and regulations to prosecute tax fraud.
Learn more about each subject.
Panama special regimens and special business areas
If you have further questions please check our Frequently asked questions.
Do you want more info? Contact us today!