About the Married with Panamanian Visa
Foreigners who marry a Panamanian, and live with the Panamanian partner in stability and continuity, are eligible for the Married to Panamanian Visa.
However, the fact that a foreigner is married to a Panamanian DOES NOT GRANT the right to residence in Panama. The National Immigration Service could deny entry or residence on grounds of hygiene, morality, public safety, or social needs.
Provisional ResidencyProvisional Residency Quote
Provisional Residency Requirements
The requirements to obtain Provisional Residency are as follow:
- Power of attorney and application presented by a lawyer.
- Original passport, valid for at least 6 months.
- Notarized copy of passport.
- Criminal record from the country of origin, and from any country where the applicant lived for 2 or more years, including Panama. The criminal record needs to be authenticated, either with Apostille or certified by the issuing country.
- Health certificate from an accredited local doctor not older than 3 months.
- Payment of $250 USD to the National Treasure.
- Five (5) passport-sized photos.
- Marriage Certificate (valid only for 6 months) from Panama’s Civil Registry. The marriage must be registered in Panama’s Civil Registry, even if celebrated abroad.
- Panamanian partner’s (valid only for 6 months) from the Civil Registry.
- Copy of the Panamanian partner’s National ID (cedula), authenticated by the Civil Registry.
- Birth Certificate (valid only for 6 months) of the couple’s Panamanian children, if any.
- Marital Interview.
The National Immigration Service has the right to visit the couple’s home at any time to inspect the living situation.
ToPay Now: $1200
To obtain permanent residency, the applicant must have hold the provisional residency for at least 2 years. The application for permanent residency requires the same documents used to obtain provisional residency, except the Criminal Record and the payment to the National Treasure, which must be up to date. On top of that, the applicant must also submit his provisional residency.Permanent Residency Quote
Permanent Residency Requirements
The requirements to obtain Permanent Residency are as follow:
- Submission of your provisional residency.
- Applicant must have hold the provisional residency for at least 2 years.
Ready to start the process? Do you have questions?
Contact Us to learn more or to start with your Married with Panamanian Visa process.
Visit our Fee Schedule for more information on this cost. You can also apply for your Panamanian citizenship from there.