About the Panama Friendly Nations Visa
By Executive Decree 343 of May 16th, 2012, the migratory subcategory for permanent residence Friendly Nations was created, under which citizens of specific countries, with economic or professional ties with Panama, can apply for residence status.
Currently, the list of countries which citizens are eligible for the Friendly Nations Visa are:
|Slovakia||South Africa||South Korea|
|Taiwan||United States of America||Uruguay|
|Costa Rica||Croatia||Cyprus||Czech Republic|
|Germany||Great Britain||Greece||Hong Kong|
|South Africa||South Korea||Spain||Sweden|
|Switzerland||Taiwan||United States of America||Uruguay|
The requirements to apply for this residence are as follow:
- Five passport size photos
- Letter from a Bank in Panama certifying deposits for at least USD $5,000.00
- Passport and second id, such as driver’s license or state ID
- In terms of economic capacity:
- Own a titled property in Panama, free of liens, in the applicant’s name or through his corporation or foundation; or
- Own a Panamanian Corporation in the form of an IBC or LLC; or
- Have been hired by a Panamanian company, for which proper documentation will be required
- Criminal background check from country of citizenship, or from country of residence for the last two years (in this case evidence of residence permit is required). Also, the criminal check must be nationwide, so for the USA for example, it must be from the FBI
- USD $800.00 by certified check issued to Servicio Nacional de Migración, for repatriation fees
- Health certificate issued by a local doctor, within the last 90 days prior to file the application
- Sworn declaration (available in our website’s Resources)
If the applicant is applying with his or her spouse, the application must include Marriage Certificate (valid only for 6 months). The spouse must also present all requirements above, except for economic and financial solvency documents.
Likewise, if the application includes dependent children, the birth certificate for each child must be included in the application.
All documents originated abroad must be either apostilled (at the Secretary of State Office), or authenticated at the Panamanian Consulate in your country.
If you have further questions, please check our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have the intention to apply for a residence in Panama please Contact Us