PANAMA TRADEMARK REGISTRATION
About Panama Trademark Registration
It is highly recommended to register your trademark in Panama to have all legal rights over it. The trademark can be a sign, logo, word, image, figure, graph, wrapping or packaging style, colors, among others.
You will be able to use the trademark registered symbol ® as soon as the registration process is completed. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry has a dedicated branch to manage Intellectual Property (IP), which is responsible to process trademark registration requests.
Your trademark can be registered in Panama for a period of 5 or 10 years, starting from the date your request is submitted. This registration can be renewed 12 months prior to their expiry date.
Benefits of Trademark Registration in Panama
- It is the only legal way to obtain legal rights over the trademark
- Provides legal protection in Panama
- Discourage others from using your trademark
- Provides a legal framework to file claims and pursue economic compensation from unauthorized use
Panama Trademark Registration Requirements
- Power of attorney
- Sworn affidavit about trademark use
- Trademark description
- Three (3) samples of trademark use
- If the trademark has been registered in another country, certificate of trademark registration authenticated by a notary and either Apostilled or authenticated by the Consulate of Panama
- Corresponding government fees
Our firm has the experience to advise you in the trademark registration process in Panama. Contact us today!